Travel & Rescue Insurance
Adventure Consultants recommends the following travel insurance and rescue insurance options, although this is only just a start! Once you book on a trip with AC, your Client Liaison will help you by sending through advice on your options for:
- Travel insurance including trip interruption and cancellation cover
- Rescue / Evacuation / Medical insurance
RIPCORD RESCUE TRAVEL INSURANCE
Adventure Consultants has partnered with Redpoint Resolutions to offer Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance™. Ripcord is the one-stop integrated travel protection program for adventurers.
Critical benefits of Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance include:
- A completely integrated program with a single point of contact for emergency services, travel assistance, and insurance claims
- Evacuation and rescue services from your point of injury or illness to your hospital of choice
- Comprehensive travel insurance for trip cancellation/ interruption, primary medical expense coverage, baggage loss or delay, emergency accident and emergency sickness medical expense, emergency dental, accidental death and dismemberment, and more
- Optional security evacuation coverage in case of an unplanned natural disaster or other security events
- Waiver for pre-existing conditions (must be purchased within 14 days of tour deposit)
For a quote or to purchase travel insurance, please click this link Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance™ or call +1-415-481-0600. For details on COVID-19 insurance coverage see the Redpoint FAQ. Pricing varies based on age, trip cost, trip length and level of coverage.
Antarctica and Polar Regions
There are specific insurance requirements for travel to Antarctica and the North Pole. Please contact Redpoint for a specialised quote including their additional Polar Add On. Please mention that you are travelling with Adventure Consultants and the details of your expedition.
Indulge your spirit of adventure, but protect yourself against all of those unforeseen events that can occur prior to or whilst on your trek with Adventure Consultants. Together with Cover-More Insurance, Adventure Consultants are now offering advice and assistance in purchasing Cover-More policies. With quality travel insurance cover, comes peace of mind and the freedom to venture around the world with confidence, in the knowledge that you will have the support and assistance of Cover-More, if you need it.
Adventure Consultants highly recommends the YourCover Plan as this gives you the highest level of cover and benefits available. This includes cover benefits for trip cancellation and amendment which protects your travel investment, medical and dental emergencies, lost luggage/personal belongings and travel delay, amongst other things.
You can tailor your cover further by adding choosing your own excess amount and additional benefits such as ‘cancel for any reason’, adventure activities and snow sports cover, increased luggage limits, annual multi-trip cover, scooter riding and working holidays to name a few.
- They provide cover where others won’t. e.g. terrorism scares, natural disasters, civil unrest and redundancy.
- No matter what your emergency is, the Cover-More team is just a phone call away and their 24-hour emergency medical and travel assistance centre that is staffed by specialist doctors, nurses and case managers are on hand to assist.
Who and what trips is the policy suitable for?
- New Zealand residents travelling outbound on a trekking adventure e.g. Everest Base Camp Trek, Khumbu Trek, Kilimanjaro, Tour du Mont Blanc Trek and Mustang Horse Trek.
- Other nationalities through the following links: Australian residents, UK residents and US residents.
For more information or assistance, please contact your Client Liaison at Adventure Consultants. Policies can also be purchased directly at Cover-More.