Adventure Consultants recommends the following travel insurance insurance options for trekkers, although this is only just a start! Once you book on a trip with AC, your Client Liaison will help you by sending through advice on your options:
- Travel insurance
- Trip interruption
- Trip cancellation
Indulge your spirit of adventure, but protect yourself against all of those unforeseen events that can occur prior to or whilst on your trip with Adventure Consultants. Together with CoverMore Insurance, Adventure Consultants are now offering advice and assistance in purchasing CoverMore policies. With quality travel insurance cover, comes peace of mind and the freedom to venture around the world with confidence, in the knowledge that you will have the support and assistance of CoverMore, if you need it.
Adventure Consultants highly recommends the Options Plan as this gives you the highest level of cover and benefits available. This includes cover for trip cancellation and amendment which protects your travel investment, medical and dental emergencies, lost luggage/personal belongings and travel delay, amongst other things.
You can tailor your cover further by adding on winter sports, annual multi-trip cover, scooter riding and working holidays to name a few.
- Purchasing CoverMore is a quick and easy process.
- They provide cover where others won’t. e.g. terrorism scares, natural disasters, civil unrest and redundancy.
- Protect your travel investment by choosing cancellation/interruption cover that meets your needs.
- The option to increase your cover on valuable luggage items such as cameras and laptops.
- Adventure Sports Cover for a variety of activities. Trekking is automatically covered, provided that reasonable care is taken, and you are not using ropes or other mountaineering equipment.
- Free Global SIM card.
- 24-hour emergency medical and travel assistance centre that is staffed by specialist doctors, nurses and case managers. This now includes the new Travel GP service, allowing you to talk in person to an Australia-based GP.
Who and what trips is the policy suitable for?
- Non-New Zealand residents travelling inbound to New Zealand – suitable for cover when travelling around New Zealand, but mountaineering or climbing is excluded.
- New Zealander's travelling outbound on a trekking adventure e.g. Everest Base Camp Trek, Khumbu Trek, Kilimanjaro, Tour du Mont Blanc Trek and Mustang Horse Trek.
For more information or assistance, please contact your Client Liaison at Adventure Consultants. Policies can also be purchased directly at CoverMore.