Pemba (Prakash) Sherpa
Aspirant Guide & Climbing Sherpa
Pemba Sherpa (known as Prakash) is a skilled member of the Adventure Consultants Sherpa team, showing great strength on our Triple Crown 2018, Dhaulagiri and Manaslu 2017 expeditions. A strong technical climber, on his way to achieving his Nepal IFMGA qualification, Prakash is a proven member of both our Sherpa and New Zealand guiding teams.
Originally from Pawai in the Solukhumbu, Prakash is an integral part the AC Sherpa team, and he joins our New Zealand guiding team for the summer of 2019/20..
In his early career, Prakash visited the Austrian Alps where he climbed many local peaks, including Grossglockner (3,798m). His first high-altitude expedition came in 2016 with a summit of Makalu (8,481m) without the aid of bottled oxygen. In 2017, Prakash joined the Adventure Consultants team for the first time on our Dhaulagiri expedition (8,167m) led by Guy Cotter, which he also summited without oxygen, before repeating the feat on Manaslu with Adventure Consultants later the same year.
Most recently, Prakash showed incredible strength as part of our Triple Crown 2018 team, rope-fixing in tough conditions on Nuptse before going on to achieve his first summit of Everest (8,850m) a couple of weeks later.
Prakash is a strong technical climber and is working on achieving his IFMGA Climbing Guide qualification. His ambition is to climb the 14 summits over 8,000m all without oxygen.
Follow Prakash's blog here.
- Triple Crown Expedition (Lobuche East Summit 6,119m/20,075ft - pictured below, Everest Summit 8,850m/29035ft)
- Manaslu Expedition (Summit 8,163m/26,781ft)
- Dhaulagiri Expedition (Summit 8,167m/26,794ft)
- Ama Dablam Expedition (Summit 6,828m/22,401ft)
- Chulu West Expedition (Summit 6,419m/21,060ft)
- Makalu Expedition (Summit 8,481m/27,825ft)
- Mera Peak Expedition x 2 (2 x Summit 6,476m/21,246ft)