We proudly use the following equipment on our expeditions:
Adventure Consultants is a member of the New Zealand Mountain Guides Association
We are members of the Tourism Industry Association of New Zealand www.tianz.org.nz
A superb range of books and calendars including the definitive history of the first five years of Adventure Consutlants 'Hall and Ball - Kiwi Mountaineers, from Mt Cook to Everest' by Colin Monteath can be sourced from
Stunning panoramic posters of the views from the summit of Mt Everest are available for purchase at Everest Views.
Websites covering the world of climbing and high altitude mountaineering;
Other oganisations we wholeheartedly support:
- Adventure Consultants adhere to Leave No Trace guidelines and principles.
- DZI Foundation The Dzi Foundation is an organisation that is helping Nepalese orphans receive schooling and ongoing oportunities.
- IMEC is the International Mountain Explorers Connection whose Porter Assistance Projects are making a big difference in Nepal and Tanzania.
- 'Just One' is an organisation helping street kids in Kathmandu www.just-one.org
- Room to Read is making fantastic progress building schools throughout the Himalaya www.roomtoread.org
The definitive source for all activities, accommodation and services at Lake Wanaka, New Zealand, can be found at www.lakewanaka.co.nz and the winter scene in Wanaka is profiled at www.skilakewanaka.com
Check out our favourite ski resorts Cardrona www.cardrona.com Treble Cone www.treblecone.com
- Matterhorn South Lodge and Backpackers www.matterhornsouth.co.nz
- Whare Kea Lodge www.wharekealodge.com
- Release Private Rretreat www.releasenz.com
- Edgewater Hotel www.edgewater.co.nz
- Oakridge Mecure Resort Oakridge Mercure Resort
- Brookvale Manor Motels www.brookvale.co.nz
- Te Wanaka Lodge www.tewanaka.co.nz
- Lakeside Apartments www.lakesidewanaka.co.nz
- Wanaka Homestead www.wanakahomestead.co.nz
- Minaret Lodge www.minaretlodge.co.nz
- Bayview Motels Lake Wanaka www.bayviewwanaka.co.nz
- Aspiring Campervan Park Lake Wanaka www.campervanpark.co.nz
- Wanaka Accommodation Centre www.accommodationwanaka.com
- Aspiring Helicopters for scenic flights www.aspiringhelicopters.co.nz
- Flights to Milford Sound with www.flightseeing.co.nz
- Heliworks in Queenstown for scenic flight www.heliworks.co.nz
- Ultimate Hikes in Queenstown for the Milford and Routeburn tracks www.ultimatehikes.co.nz
- Fantastic jetboating on the Matukituki River www.wanakariverjourneys.co.nz
Some other excellent activities around the South Island of New Zealand are;
- Adventure South - cycling and hiking tours of New Zealand
- Hiking New Zealand - small group hiking tours of New Zealand
- Check out the New Zealand Escape site for details on activities, accommodation and transport throughout the South Island
- Excellent itineraries for touring around the best of New Zealand from www.nzfinetours.co.nz
- The New Zealand Information Network web site has a wealth of information with a searchable database
In the North Island of New Zealand, some excellent activities are;
- www.walkinglegends.co.nz for the Tongariro Crossing, a beautful and famous walk through New Zealand's volcanic plateau
For excellence in all things mountaineering equipment you can't go past specialist outdoor equipment store Bogong Equipment in Melbourne, Mountain Equipment in Sydney, Mainpeak in Perth and Mainly Tramping in Wanaka, now re-branded as www.mtoutdoors.co.nz . We also love the Paddy Pallin stores in Australia, well stocked stores with very friendly, knowledgeable staff.
Contact our professional travel agents to book your international air travel;
- ex North America - Dana Welch at The Travel Society in Denver, Colorado, USA
- ex New Zealand - Janette Bagley at House of Travel in Wanaka, New Zealand
We recommend www.thetraveldoctor.com for checking your medical and immunisation requirements before traveling to remote areas.
Check out www.topomap.co.nz for a very cool look at how to get around New Zealand.
Lastly, our safety plan in conjunction with our concession to operate in New Zealand is audited and under the umbrella of www.supportadventure.co.nz