Adventure Consultants is a world-renowned mountain guiding company with a legacy of climbing expeditions to the world's highest peaks, and wilderness treks to the more remote corners of the globe.
We at Adventure Consultants are a dedicated team of guiding professionals with a focus towards excellent logistical preparation and, above all, a passion for the environment in which we work. Our expeditions and treks are operated by companionable world class mountain guides, who offer you adventures that are completed in style; with quality, service and safety, at the forefront.
Our philosophy of only operating with small groups provides a more personalised service. This minimises environmental impact and continues to have a proven advantage in our success rates, superior to any other expedition operator.
We offer 56 expeditions, treks and wilderness journeys to the Himalaya, Antarctica, South America, Greenland, Alaska and the Seven Summits in addition to a world class guiding service, and climbing schools in New Zealand and Europe.
Whether you are taking your first steps into the realm of the outdoors, or are a seasoned adventurer, I believe you will find the quality of the experience offered on an Adventure Consultants expedition second to none. I invite you to contact us to discuss your next adventure and enjoy exploring our website and the wealth of information that we have provided here for you.
CEO of Adventure Consultants
IFMGA Mountain & Ski Guide
What Adventure Consultants can offer you...
- We are a dedicated team of world-class guides who are extremely capable, amicable and very experienced in our field. We are IFMGA qualified and specialists in high altitude guiding. We are recognised as the benchmark by which other operators compare themselves.
- Our expeditions are supported by professional administration and organisation and restricted to small groups to ensure each expedition runs smoothly.
- We are amongst the few guiding organisations that have a proven and established guiding strategy, and commit to a high standard of medical back up, training and expedition resources - including up to date communications and weather forecasting technology, and excellent food catering to ensure strength and nourishment throughout the expedition.
- Our familiarity with the places we visit, and our established contacts there, ensure a wonderful cultural experience within countries that have a fascinating history and delightful inhabitants. Our Himalayan and South America climbing expeditions provide an insight to the ancient peoples of these worlds, in addition to an unparalleled mountaineering adventure. Our knowledge of the Antarctic region will unveil the unique aspects of this geographical world of its own.
- At the time of enquiry you will receive a comprehensive information pack specific to each trip. This will include expedition notes detailing the itinerary and route description, equipment requirements, training and preparation advice, visa and health requirements and an expedition application form. From this point on our personable and informed administration staff will work with you through the planning stages until you meet your Guide and are welcomed to the expedition.
- We have guided many climbers in their pursuit of the ‘Seven Summits’ and can offer an expedition package and stratgey if you have your sights set on this challenging goal.
What do we require from you?
- Our recommendation to aspiring high altitude climbers is to gradually climb higher and higher peaks to develop experience and confidence before attempting the world's highest peaks. Performance at high altitude is related to a person's physiology and how they adapt to thin air as much as it is to their prior mountaineering experience. The reality is that performance coupled with experience provides the main criteria for actually summitting.
- Climbing members will require stamina and familiarity with modern climbing techniques. They will be required to carry only their personal clothing and equipment on the route unless specified otherwise in the specific expedition notes. The guiding team will establish the campsites and establish the route, fixing ropes where necessary.
- A high degree of health and fitness is a necessary requisite for prospective expedition members.
And lastly Adventure Consultants offers both training and expeditions which enable participants to develop high altitude experience and climbing prowess. We believe this can be best learnt through time with the world's pre-eminent expedition guides.
Here's what our clients say about us:
"AC raised the bar in terms of my expectations on future guided climbs, which means that I just have to stick with AC to ensure that I’ll be satisfied. "
Louis Kosztelny, Ama Dablam 2006
"AC has my complete vote of confidence. Everything possible was taken care of in a very professional manner. "
Kelton Greenway, Elbrus 2, 2005
"I found Adventure Consultants to be a truly professional organisation. Guy Cotter and his team are the best when it comes to survival and leadership in
the mountains. Their attention to detail and proven experience is why they are one of the few organisations that can really lead at high altitudes.
Believe me, you get what you pay for."
David Carter, Everest 1997
"I greatly appreciate your professional approach, and willingness to work with us to make this happen."
Chuck Ramey, Mustang Horse Trek 2005
"The AC office is fantastic, a great bunch of staff, always helpful and very quick to reply to questions. Thanks for making the organization so easy and straight forward."
Rewa Nolan, Antarctica Peninsula 2006
Let me congratulate your Company on the Elbrus 2004 trip that I was lucky enough to be a part of recently. It was a pleasure to be part of an incredibly well organised and executed expedition. From the day I made my first enquiry with Kelly and yourself, to the end of the trip in Moscow, I was completely impressed with the Professionalism of your company. Our guides Luis and Marty handled everything in Russia with a touch of class. Everything was explained in detail, and safety was of paramount importance. The fact that we reached the Summit was the icing on top of the cake.
I would have pleasure in recommending your company to any prospective adventurer, whether they are on a quest for the Seven Summits or just wanting to get a taste of Trekking / Mountaineering around the world. I will certainly be using Adventure Consultants on my continued quest for the Seven Summits.
Congratulations again on a job well done!
With kind regards,
Chris Salter, July 2004."