Adventure Consultants recommends and uses the following travel insurance and rescue insurance options, although this is only just a start! Once you book on a trip with AC, your Client Liaison will help you ascertain your insurance needs with respect to where you reside and where you are travelling to;
- Travel insurance
- Trip interruption
- Trip cancellation
- Rescue / Evacuation / Medical insurance
Indulge your spirit of adventure, but protect yourself against all of those unforeseen events that can occur prior to or whilst on your trip with Adventure Consultants.
Together with CoverMore Insurance, Adventure Consultants are now offering advice and assistance in purchasing CoverMore policies. With quality travel insurance cover, comes peace of mind and the freedom to venture around the world with confidence, in the knowledge that you will have the support and assistance of CoverMore, if you need it.
Adventure Consultants highly recommends the Options Plan as this gives you the highest level of cover and benefits available. This includes cover for trip cancellation and amendment which protects your travel investment, medical and dental emergencies, lost luggage/personal belongings and travel delay, amongst other things.
You can tailor your cover further by adding on winter sports, annual multi-trip cover, horse riding, working holidays and snorkelling to name a few.
- They provide cover where others won’t. e.g. terrorism scares, natural disasters, civil unrest and redundancy.
- Protect your travel investment by choosing cancellation/interruption cover that meets your needs.
- The option to increase your cover on valuable luggage items such as cameras and laptops
- Adventure Sports Cover for a variety of activities. Trekking is automatically covered, provided that reasonable care is taken, and you are not using ropes or other mountaineering equipment.
- Free Global SIM card
- 24 hour emergency medical and travel assistance centre that is staffed by specialist doctors, nurses and case managers. This now includes the new Travel GP service, allowing you to talk in person to an Australia-based GP.
Who and what trips is the policy suitable for?
- Non-New Zealand residents travelling inbound to New Zealand – suitable for cover when travelling around New Zealand, but mountaineering or climbing is excluded. However, read about our Accident Compensation Corporation cover in New Zealand which is unique in the world and automatically covers residents and visitors alike for accidents / injuries, but not for medical conditions or repatriation.
- New Zealander's travelling outbound on a trekking adventure e.g. Everest Base Camp Trek, Khumbu Trek, Kilimanjaro, Tour du Mont Blanc Trek and Mustang Horse Trek.
- New Zealander's wanting trip cancellation/interruption cover for expeditions, and for when travelling to/from their destination. Please do note that cover for when climbing is excluded.
For more information or assistance, please contact your Client Liaison at Adventure Consultants. Policies can also be purchased directly at CoverMore
RIPCORD RESCUE TRAVEL INSURANCE
RipCord is the leading medical evacuation program offering elite evacuation and rescue services. With their new partnership with TravelEx, they can also now provide the benefits of a traditional travel insurance product with their just released, RipCord Rescue Travel Insurance™. This is specifically designed for the adventure enthusiast with unique trip cancellation / interruption, medical expense, sporting equipment and other coverage benefits to protect your financial investment.
RipCord is powered by Redpoint Resolutions, an elite team of special operations veterans, Stanford Medicine affiliate physicians, paramedics, nurses, former intelligence officers and other medical / security experts comprising the most experienced team in the industry. They will rescue you from the field wherever your emergency occurs and evacuate you to your home country hospital of choice.
RipCord rescues you from the field if you have an emergent medical condition that will result in significant permanent injury and / or death, but does not require hospitalisation.
Tusker Trail founder, Eddie Frank, describes his experience with Redpoint Resolutions’ RipCord Travel Protection:
“We [Tusker Trail] only have one or two evacuations a year and they occur because of life-threatening emergencies. Emergencies that are immediate and now. There is zero room for hesitation or error. Redpoint Resolutions founders Ted Muhlner and Tom Bochnowski are two guys who understand commitment. When they say they’re going to do something, they do it. I chose their Ripcord Travel Protection program for my climbers and trekkers because Tom and Ted come from the military, where your word and your handshake mean everything. Tom Bochnowski joined me on our recent Kilimanjaro Climb for Valor. During this climb two of our climbers suffered high altitude emergencies. Tom worked hand in hand with me to ensure the successful helicopter evacuation of the two climbers. Redpoint’s Stanford Medicine-affiliated physician Avi Patil, who was also climbing with us, assisted me with critical medical decisions that helped prevent a bad outcome. The teamwork and the level of care and commitment provided to my climbers and me during these recent evacuations has only further cemented my team’s partnership with Redpoint and their RipCord Travel Protection program. After more than 39 years and 51 successful climbs, recommending RipCord for my climbers is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.” - Eddie Frank, Tusker Trail
RipCord are proud to partner with Adventure Consultants to provide RipCord’s industry leading rescue, evacuation and travel insurance coverages to its clients.
Check out their latest promotional video or click here to learn more.
GLOBAL RESCUE MEMBERSHIP SERVICES
Adventure Consultants also recommends the rescue evacuation and security membership / services provided by Global Rescue, which provides transport from the point of illness/injury back to your home countries hospital of your choice. TotalCare provides real-time access to medical information and coming soon, this includes urgent card and speciality consultations from some of the world’s health physicians at the Elite Medical Group and John Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore.
Recently Global Rescue have released a new travel insurance product, the Signature Travel Insurance option. This has no height limitation and gives comprehensive cover for trip cancellation/interruption, medical and dental expenses, delays, lost luggage as well as optional add-ons to ‘cancel or interrupt for any reason. This is currently only available to US Residents, but will soon be offered to worldwide residents.
Click here to find out more about this insurance cover which covers climbing and is thus suitable for many of our expeditions.
From the AC Blog page
Everest 2017 - Pender Team Summit
Dhaulagiri 2017 - Return to BC
Greenland 3 Peaks 2017 - Last Days
Mera Peak 2017 - Kathmandu
Island Peak 2017 - Final Word
Denali Pvt 2017 - Farewell
Luxury Everest BC #2 2017 - Big Smoke