The fee for this course includes the following:
- Guide Fees
- Hut Fees
- All meals and snack foods whilst on trip
- Group equipment such as ropes, tents and stoves
- Ground transport ex Wanaka
- Course manual (A Climber's Guide to NZ Mountaineering Techniques, by Guy Cotter, Dean Staples and Mark Sedon)
- Department of Conservation fees (37125-GUI)
- NZ Goods and Services Tax (15%)
- Aircraft access and egress
Aircraft access alleviates long and tiring walks into the alpine region with heavy packs. It allows you to start the course fresh, gain more valuable instructional time and take advantage of fine weather periods. For this reason we utilise helicopters or ski planes depending on availability and the region we operate in. The helicopter or ski-plane flight into the alpine region is included in the course fee.
A bonus for this course is the inclusion of an egress flight in the course fee. We include an egress flight out from the mountains so your course spends the maximum amount of time above the snowline.