Mt Khuiten - 4,375m
We have an exciting trip to climb Mt Khuiten in Mongolia planned for June/July 2013 after our successful inaugural 2010 expedition. Our expeditions are led by Lydia Bradey from New Zealand, AC Mountain Guide and first woman to climb Mt Everest without oxygen. Lydia has guided several expeditions to Mt Khuiten and the surrounding region before.
Mt Khuiten is in far western Mongolia and is part of the 'Five Kings of the Altai' mountain range. This trip also takes in the Nadaam festival in Olgii.
The climbing is at an introductory level although remote, and there are multiple opportunities for sightseeing and trekking in this fascinating region also. The expedition is ideal if you don't want to climb and just go trekking as the itinerary and group size allows trekkers to be part of the group. Mongolia is everything you imagine it to be - empty plains and big skies, and an ancient people still riding their horses as part of their everyday lives.
Dates: 20 July - 4 August, 2013
Duration: 16 days
Price: US$6950 per person
Departure: ex Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia
The price includes:
- Mountain guide(s)
- Accommodation: 2 nights in hotel*** in Ulaan Baatar, 2 nights in a ger camp in Olgii and the rest in tents
- All meals and bottled water from dinner on day 1 through to breakfast on day 16
- English speaking interpreters in Ulaan Baatar and in Olgii
- Meals as listed + Daily supply of bottled water
- National park, border permits
- Cook for the camping days
- Transfers in Ulaanbaatar via minivan and 4WD Russian vehicles in Bayan-Olgii
- Airport-hotel transfers
- Ulaanbaatar - Olgii return flights + Tax (15kg free luggage only)
- Camels for portering in the mountains
- Visa support invitation letter if needed
The price excludes:
- International round trip airfare
- Travel Insurance + Visa cost
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Personal travel / trip cancellation insurance
- Excess baggage charges for the flights to / from Olgii
- Any rescue costs or costs of early departure from the expedition
- Other optional activities such as horse/camel riding etc
Day 1 - Arrive in Ulaan Baatar, met at airport, transfer to Hotel. Gear checks.
Day 2 – Flight to Bayan Olgii in Western Mongolia. Transfer to Ger camp just outside Olgii.
Day 3 – Tour Olgii sights.
Day 4 – Drive to Tsagaan Gol Valley, camping.
Day 5 – Trek to Basecamp, stay in Ger Camp.
Day 6 – 12 Acclimatisation treks and climb Mt Khuiten 4375m (7 days).
Day 13 – Trek to Tsagaan Gol Valley, camp.
Day 14 – Drive to Olgii, camp outside town, attend Nadaam festival.
Day 15 – Fly to Ulaan Baatar, overnight Hotel.
Day 16 – Depart for home.
Please download the trip notes for the Mt Khuiten Mongolia Expedition 2013:
|Mt Khuiten Mongolia 2013|
Adobe Acrobat Document: 155 KB, 23 seconds @ 56kbps
Trip notes for Mt Khuiten Mongolia Expedition
Daily dispatches from our Mt Khuiten Mongolia 2010 Expedition - great stories and pictures!