The fee for this New Zealand trip is inclusive and covers the following:
- Guide fees
- Hut fees
- All meals and snack foods whilst on the trip
- Group equipment such as ropes, tents and stoves
- Ground transport ex Wanaka
- Department of Conservation concession fees (37125-GUI)
- 15% New Zealand Goods and Services Tax
- Aircraft access and egress by helicopter
Aircraft access alleviates long and tiring walks into the alpine region with heavy packs. It allows you to start the trip fresh and take advantage of fine weather periods. For this reason we utilise helicopters depending on availability . The helicopter flight into the alpine region is included in the expedition fee.
A bonus for this expedition is the inclusion of an egress flight in the expedition fee. The nature of the New Zealand mountains dictates that we utilise helicopters or ski-planes when accessing the backcountry. This saves days of heavy load-carrying and allows us to concentrate on the climbing objective whilst making the best use of fine weather days.This saves days of heavy load-carrying and allows us to concentrate on the climbing objective whilst making the best use of fine weather days.