We offer Privately Guided Expeditions where you have the services of a top AC western guide as well as the support of Tanzanian guides, cooks and porters who work together on the expedition to ensure your needs are best met. AC have been fortunate enough to work with many private Kilimanjaro groups over the years with exceptional results.
If you're looking to complete the Seven Summits or would like to climb two contrasting mountains in different parts of the world in one trip, then our Kili - Elbrus Combos are ideal. The combos begin with the easier Kilimanjaro Expedition, then move across to join up with our one of our Elbrus expeditions.
Dates and expedition details are as follows; please call or email our office for more details.
Kilimanjaro #4 July 1 - 13, followed by Elbrus #1, July 16 - 29, 2018
Kilimanjaro #5 July 15 - 27, followed by Elbrus #2, July 30 - August 10, 2018
We are specialists in providing luxury trek options on Kilimanjaro and safaris. Our Luxury Trek option is led by experienced Western mountain guides who have considerable Himalayan experience including ascents to the summit of Mount Everest.
Before and after the climb we stay in 5 Star hotel accommodations on a large coffee plantation offering the best in African architecture, ambience and service. You can elect to include large 'stand up' sleeping tents on the mountain with comfortable camp beds, heated dining tent, bottled mineral water, showers and additional guide staff for your group. While this is too much for seasoned mountaineers we have found that those who are new to the mountains enjoy the additional creature comforts.
And for those who want to experience the true wonders of Africa, you can treat yourself after the climb to a Safari in the Serengeti, Maasai Mara and Ngorongoro National Game Parks. Here you can reward yourself for your efforts on the mountain with a luxury tented safari that is a truly unique African experience and not to be missed.
With the Luxury Services option, you can add additional services onto your expedition as follows.
- Senior Guide (a friendly and experienced guide with considerable experience)
- Heated dining tent (instead of no heating)
- Personal sleeping tent (instead of shared)
- Stand up tent with camp bed (instead of ‘mountain’ tent)
- Luxury lounge tent
- Bottled water (instead of treated water)
- Shower tent (instead of no shower)
- Solar charging kits with USB connections
- Extra days for longer acclimatisation timeframes
- Additional portable toilets (instead of ‘fixed’ public toilets)
- Additional porter support (over the standard 15kg per person)
- Additional local guides (for personal support)
- Safari options catered to your timeframe and requirements
Additional services can be added onto any of our Kilimanjaro departures. Services range from heaters for the dining tent, spacious tents with bunks and mattresses, a lounge tent for relaxing in each evening, shower tents, solar charging kits and additional staff. Enquire with our office as to the options available and the pricing.
If you would like to upgrade your hotel before or after your Kilimanjaro Luxury Trek, there are several superb properties in the Arusha area. We profile our favourite selection on our Hotel Upgrades page.
Are you arriving early or departing late? If so, we can recommend some fantastic day trips that are achievable within an easy drive from Arusha. Options range from a cultural visit to Longido and the Maasai women's market, coffee tours, a day safari to Arusha or Tarangire National Parks, or a visit to the Snake Museum.
There is no better way than to spend time in Tanzania than with a visit to the tropical island of Zanzibar, located on the crystal clear Indian Ocean. The island has a huge variety of accommodation options as well as properties to stay at and for any advice, please contact your Client Liaison.
A few points to consider when travelling to Zanzibar are:
- The location that you would like to stay at, take the tide into consideration.
- Our favourite beaches include Matemwe, Kizimkazi, Fumba, Nungwi and Mafia Island.
- Spend time exploring Stone Town - a World Heritage Site.
- Early bookings are hugely advantageous at any time of year, but especially during the busy season of Christmas and New Year when hotels have a nightly minimum booking requirement of 5-7 days.
Given its extremely close location to Arusha and its fascinating contrasts, why not take the time to explore the wonders of Kenya. Include Kenya’s oldest and largest National Park; Tsavo East which borders the Tsavo West Park which offers a variety of habitats and Amboseli Park, known for its elephant population and Maasai communities. Perhaps an escape to the central highlands or to one of Kenya’s tropical beaches is appealing, or join our 7 day Kenyan Safari option – it is easy to arrange your preferred side trip and contact your client liaison if interested in exploring this further.
Shouldering a heavy burden can be debilitating at higher elevations and sap crucial energy levels right when you need it. This option of an extra porter is available on any of our Kilimanjaro departures and enables you to climb without a heavy pack.
- 'So They Can' an Adventure Consultants Blog Article
From the AC Blog page
Ama Dablam 2017 - Final dispatch
Island Peak 2017 - Last day
Everest 2017 - Wrapping Up