The cost of the Guided Backcountry Ski Touring, ex Wanaka, is inclusive and covers the following:
- Guide and permit fees
- All trip related meals and energy foods
- Hut fees
- Group technical equipment
- Avalanche rescue equipment
- Handbook - 'A Climber's Guide to NZ Mountaineering Techniques' by Guy Cotter and Mark Sedon
- Helicopter/Plane access flight and landing fees (see below)
- 15% NZ Goods and Services Tax
We utilise helicopters or ski planes depending on availability and the region we operate in to access the backcountry alpine huts. The helicopter or ski-plane flight into the alpine region is included in the course fee.
Zack Wasson describes his backcountry skiing trip with us..."What a trip it was, our first introduction to the Southern Alps. Needless to say, our tickets are booked again for this August. Let it Snow!"